Tamir is a proud and caring team of participants, families, volunteers and professionals dedicated to assisting people with developmental disabilities realize their potential in a supportive Jewish environment through opportunities for personal growth and community involvement.
This position is being offered through a grant provided by the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
POSITION SUMMARY: PR Assistant
The PR Assistant provides support with planning and implementation of PR projects for the agency, including the following core duties:
• Draft or edit content for written PR materials such as a newsletter or annual report
• Assist in graphic design elements of PR materials
• Update the general content of the Tamir website (content, photos and graphics)
• Assist in the planning, organization and implementation of special event programming in collaboration with other staff
• Create a social media campaign to support upcoming special events and implement
• Update and organize the Tamir donor data base (Raiser’s Edge)
• Generate data base from CanadaHelps donor's list
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not an inclusive listing of all activities, but is designed to be used in combination with agency and program goals and work plans. Staff may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Staff may be required to perform any or all of the following duties in the course of their work
1. A risk of exposure to communicable/contagious diseases
2. Extended periods of sitting and computer work
3. Frequent interruptions
4. Tasks that require long periods of concentration
The PR Assistant is directly accountable to the Communication and Development Coordinator regarding their overall responsibilities as assigned. The PR Assistant is responsible for providing regular weekly updates on the status of their assigned duties.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require specific accommodations please contact Tamir at email@example.com or at 613-725-3519, ext. 112 so that we can make arrangements to provide appropriate accommodations for you.
Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience.