POSITION: On Call Supervisor
START DATE: February 2022
HOURS: Rotating on call schedule
Tamir is a proud and caring team of participants, families, volunteers and professionals dedicated to assisting people with developmental disabilities live with dignity and respect in a supportive Jewish environment.
Description of Position:
Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the On Call Supervisor is responsible and accountable for the safety, security and welfare of the individuals supported by Tamir and will facilitate the operation of all program locations after normal office hours.
This position is a full-time 6 month contract, working the following hours on a 10 day on, 4 day off rotation. Weekday on call duties begin at 1600 and end at 0900 and weekend hours are scheduled from Friday night at 1600 to Monday morning at 0900 on an every second weekend rotation.
1. To respond to all calls related to personnel, program and individuals supported by Tamir outside of business hours.
2. Remain up to date on policies and procedures related to scheduling and program management and to follow the steps outlined in these policies when responding to calls received. To make decisions in a manner consistent with Tamir’s vision, mission and values and following the principles of the Quality Enhancement (QE) initiative
3. Be informed on all agency issues that may arise, for example serious illness of a supported individual, behavioural concerns, personnel matters, etc.
4. Ensure daily communications with the Scheduling Coordinator to update schedules, identify concerns and troubleshoot issues.
5. Complete the on call log for calls received and follow up with supervisors regarding concerns or additional information related to complex or serious incident issues.
6. Follow procedures for reporting serious incidents to the Human Resources Manager and/or the Executive Director, i.e.: admissions to hospital, missing person, etc.
7. Assist in the support of employees by keeping their direct supervisor aware of issues related to performance, discipline, evaluation, orientation and development.
8. Establish, support and foster the use of proper lines of communication among staff, programs, and families as well as with other agencies, advocates, professionals and the community.
9. Promote and monitor the health & safety programs in effect at Tamir in order to provide a safe and healthy work environment. Respond to accidents and staff injuries in accordance with reporting procedures. Prevent recurrence of injuries wherever possible. Ensure a high standard of health and safety performance is maintained.
10. Coordinate internal agency wide staff orientation and training and maintain accurate records of completion for employee files.
11. Represent the agency in a professional and appropriate manner at all times, both on and off work. Act as a representative of the agency when necessary.
12. Provide direct care in an emergency or arrange for other support depending on the circumstances.
13. Attend management meetings as required.
14. Other reasonable duties as required and assigned by the Human Resources Manager and/or the Executive Director.
Degree/diploma in social sciences, health administration, non-profit sector management or related field from a recognized university or community college
Two years’ experience in residential services, for example, group living environments, supported independent living programs
A minimum of two years’ experience as a supervisor in a unionized environment is preferred
Experience in scheduling and using HRIS and scheduling software is an asset
A strong background in risk management, supporting participants with behavioural requirements and mental health needs would be considered assets.
How to Apply:
Qualified individuals are invited to send your resume along with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. January 24, 2022. We appreciate all applications, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be notified. Please note that we will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis, and we therefore encourage early submission.
Tamir is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Tamir offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Tamir regarding a job opportunity, please advise us prior to the interview if you require any accommodation.
Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience.