Camp B’nai Brith of Ottawa (CBBO) is committed to being the Jewish overnight camp of choice
for Ontario and Quebec children. We are currently looking for an experienced Program Director,
who will report to the Camp Director. This is a full-time position that requires residing at CBBO’s
summer location in Quyon, Quebec for the camp season (late June through late August), and
working from home with limited travel for the remainder of the year. As a member of the
Administration Team, the Program Director will be responsible for all facets of programming and
events during the camp season and throughout the off-season.
● Create, implement and evaluate all aspects of camp programming and special events.
● Create and maintain camper and special event activity schedules.
● Ensure that programs are high quality, structured and safe.
● Plan and organize out of camp trips.
● Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, providing support and guidance to staff
● Research and execute fresh new programming.
● Develop, organize and attend camper events in Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto, as well
as virtual events throughout the off-season.
● Plan and coordinate staff recruitment events throughout the school year.
● Assist in the recruitment of qualified specialty staff.
● Plan, implement and assist with supervisor leadership weekend, supervisor orientation,
and staff orientation.
● Plan, organize and attend Alumni events, CBBO-OJCS partner activities and CBBO
Steps Up community initiatives.
The successful candidate will have:
● A post-secondary education with experience as an Educator and/or within the Camping
● 3-5 years experience as a Program Director within the Camping industry;
● The ability to provide leadership, motivation and supervision to staff and campers;
● A strong connection to the Jewish faith;
● A knowledge of health and safety regulations specific to camping situations;
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please send your CV and cover letter in confidence to: board@
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 3-5 years of experience.