The Ottawa Jewish Community School is an innovative and engaging Jewish Day School, Kindergarten through Grade 8, dedicated to developing minds, nurturing hearts, and instilling Jewish values. Located in Ottawa, Ontario, the Ottawa Jewish Community School is known for its rigorous academics, strong social-emotional curriculum, immersive Hebrew and French programs, and warm community.
We are currently seeking a qualified full-time, General Studies teacher (Junior Division / Grades 4-6). The candidate we hire will:
● Be fluent in English (oral and written communication);
● Develop, prepare, and implement lesson plans based on the curriculum;
● Collaborate with other faculty members and administrative staff in planning and implementing
instructional goals, objectives, and methods;
● Prepare lessons that reflect differentiation for individual student needs and implement the
recommendations from assessments featured in Individual Education Plans;
● Be a positive role model for students reflective of the mission of the school;
● Participate actively and meaningfully in Professional Development opportunities and be
committed to professional growth;
● Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and
emotional development of students;
● Support student behaviour guided by our school philosophy.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred and 0-2 years of experience.