Pay Range $83K - $88K
Through Jewish traditions, values and culture, Jewish Family Services of Ottawa’s vision is to build a community where people can learn to care for themselves and each other with dignity, respect, and compassion. And in the spirit of “Tikkun Olam”, our mission is to strengthen Jewish Communal life and to strengthen individual, family, and communal life in the greater Ottawa community.
• 15 days vacation in first year prorated to your start date and FTE
• 10 days Personal Time Off prorated to your start date and FTE after 3 months of employment
• Various Jewish Holy days off
• Health and Dental Benefits plan
• Hybrid work environment
• Employer RRSP after one year of employment
• Use of gym facilities
• Flexible employer
Jewish Family Services of Ottawa (JFS) is seeking to expand its psychological program within The Counselling Group (TCG). We are looking for a community Clinical Psychologist/Psychological Associate with demonstrated experience in adult individuals and/or Couples therapy, experience including brief models, and working with diverse client populations.
As a member of the counselling team at JFS, TCG, and under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for direct service provision as well as focus on areas unique to their professional training such as assessment, diagnosis, case formulation, clinical supervision, consultations to related areas of training, professional development, group facilitation. The position is flexible and allows each individual to bring their own unique interests and skills to the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide clinical counselling services to individuals with life challenges and/or living with moderate to serious and persistent mental health challenges, including assessment and treatment
• If applicable, provide counselling services to Couples and Families as well.
• Conduct psychological assessments, where available, such as WSIB and ODSP related assessments and if possible, work together with the agency to expand such clinical activities.
• Provides clinical supervision to other staff at TCG on an as needs basis.
• Provides advocacy and referrals to help clients’ access relevant community services. Where necessary and useful, collaborates with other professionals (i.e., doctors, settlement workers and other health-care professionals).
• Where relevant, maintains cooperative working relationships with community agencies, schools, courts, child welfare workers.
• Ensures quality client care that is consistent with best practices, Ontario College of Psychologists Ethical Standards, agency standards, and evidence-based
• Maintains necessary documentation and case records.
• Participates in supervision, meetings, workshops (including professional development opportunities)
• Performs related work as assigned
What you need:
• Have completed a clinical PhD or PsyD program in Psychology, or equivalent titles permitting you to function as a Clinical Psychologist/Psychological Associate.
• Be registered, or immediately eligible for registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
• Licensed to provide couples counseling is an asset
• Maintains or is eligible to maintain professional liability insurance through their association
• Eligible to work in Canada
• English essential
• Fluency in other languages than English would be considered an asset
• Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check is mandatory
• Candidates eligible to work in Canada under CUSMA with a PhD in Psychology and state/provincial licence to practice in psychology may apply
Experience in one or more evidenced based practice clinical modalities such as one of the following:
• Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT)
• Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
• EMDR / ART
• Brief narrative therapy techniques
Jewish Family Services of Ottawa supports equal opportunity employment. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Right Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting Jewish Family Services.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply here: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/jfsottawa/34781 and include your cover letter and resume
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Required and 0-2 years of experience.