Volunteer Committee Opportunities with the Jewish Federation of Ottawa
The Jewish Federation of Ottawa is seeking volunteers who would like to contribute to the Jewish community through active committee membership for a term of 2 years. The call is open to any interested individual. Committees include:
1. Planning – Develops research and long range plans for the evolving needs of the Ottawa Jewish Community
2. Finance, Audit and Administration – Analyzes the overall financial position of the Federation and related community entities.
3. Grants & Evaluations – Makes recommendations to the Board on the expenditure of Ottawa’s Annual Campaign dollars in support of Jewish community programs.
4. Jewish Outreach, Identity and Education – Works with the Federation and constituent agencies to enhance and evaluate current service offerings in the area of Jewish outreach, identity development and education.
5. Communications and Community Relations – Develops tools, means and strategies to communicate the Federation’s mission and priorities to the Jewish and general communities and to advocate on issues of interest to the Ottawa Jewish community.
6. Resource Development – Crafts the strategic direction of both fundraising and resource development for the Ottawa Jewish community.
7. Shoah – Plans and organizes programs and special initiatives that teach the lessons and legacy of the Holocaust.
8. Hillel Ottawa – Assists the professional Hillel staff and the student leadership of Ottawa U, Carleton and Algonquin College in creating a vibrant and engaged Jewish campus community.
9. Partnership 2Gether – Increases the connection between Ottawans and Israelis in the Galilee Panhandle, through joint programming, cultural exchanges and missions.
10. Archives – Provides advice, support and direction to the staff of the Ottawa Jewish Archives which is responsible for acquiring, preserving and making accessible the documentary heritage of the Jewish community of Ottawa and environs.
To be eligible, individuals must be members in good standing with the Federation Annual Campaign. Individuals should not hold executive positions on other boards or agencies.
Interested candidates should prepare a brief statement that speaks to which committee they feel would be suited and what skills, knowledge and experience they could contribute. Final committee membership will be determined by the Board of Directors.
All applications will be carefully considered. For more information or to apply, please contact Rachel Abenhaim at email@example.com, or phone 613-798-4696, ext. 236.