What is Machaneh Shabbat?
Machaneh Shabbat is a weekly Jewish education program based on a camp model. We believe that we can ignite the lifelong spark for Jewish living and learning through community connection and taking the time to live Jewishly. This spark is key to raising engaged and informed Jewish young people! Our program:
- Empowers families to explore their Judaism and its connection to the wider world together;
- Provides an in-depth, inclusive Jewish education;
- Explores something new and fun each week using the Torah cycle and the Jewish calendar to guide our adventures;
- Unpacks Shabbat services along with key Hebrew vocabulary through story, actions and music to develop prayer fluency and comfort;
- Uses drama, storytelling, art, dance, music, debate, building, social action, cooking and more to celebrate Shabbat;
- Builds social time right into the schedule, including ending every week with a communal Kiddush
We encourage you to experience our special program by dropping in for a trial session - or several (a donation of $36 per session is welcome to help cover costs)
Program led by experienced Jewish educator Eliyanah Delicate, M.Ed.,under the direction of Or Haneshamah Rabbi Elizabeth Bolton.
Questions about any aspect of the program? Email firstname.lastname@example.org