This fund provides the means for Federation-funded agencies and partners to strengthen and improve their organizations, programs, and services through a one-time allocation of funds. As the name implies, this donor-led grant rewards innovation, creativity, and collaborative approaches that benefit multiple agencies. Grants of up to $10,000 are available.
The following types of projects are eligible for this grant:
• Projects that improve organizational health (board development, evaluation of programming, improved financial structure, etc)
• Projects that help organizations meet the challenges of the current environment (help organizations pivot, manage change, adapt to new realities)
• Pilot projects
• Collaborative projects that bring multiple organizations together to coordinate the delivery of a service or improve the delivery of an existing service
• Projects that collectively address a specific problem or enhance community assets
• One-time educational programs, training, aimed at increasing the capacity of individuals, or providing solutions to communal challenges
Who can apply?
Agencies currently funded by the Jewish Federation of Ottawa and local synagogues are eligible to apply. These agencies are encouraged to partner with other agencies and organizations (partners need not be currently funded organizations, as long as the lead organization is currently funded).