Federation Members Meeting
Stay informed on issues affecting Ottawa’s Jewish community.
Members Meetings are an important tool to ensure agency representatives and community members are up to date on the Jewish Federation of Ottawa’s key deliverables, priorities and outcomes. See jewishottawa.com for full meeting agenda.
Meeting is open to the public.
Featuring a multifaith panel discussion on the Importance of Interfaith in Advocacy
Moderated by Rabbi Reuven Bulka, Rabbi Emeritus at Congregation Machzikei Hadas in collaboration with the Jewish Federation of Ottawa and the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs
Dialogue is an incredibly important tool in life. It becomes even more important when advocacy is involved.
Add interfaith to the equation, and advocacy takes on a whole new meaning and a broader perspective.
• Farhan Iqbal, Imam with the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at of Canada, Ottawa
• Mandeep Singh, Representative from the World Sikh Organization
• Richard Marceau, General Counsel and Senior Political, Advisor for the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs
• Julia Beazley, Director, Public Policy, Evangelical Fellowship of Canada
- Agenda: Welcome – Hartley Stern, Chair of the Board
- Community Update – Andrea Freedman, President & CEO
- Multifaith panel discussion on the Importance of Interfaith in Advocacy - a collaborative effort between the Jewish Federation of Ottawa and the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs
- Good & Welfare – Hartley Stern, Chair of the Board”
Information: contact Rachel Abenhaim
613-798-4696, ext. 236