Ganon preschool is looking for a highly energetic, nurturing and caring individual who is an RECE with a minimum of 2 years experience to work at the Jewish Community Centre preschool. This is a 10 month position with a possible extension. Knowledge of Jewish customs and religion is an asset.
As a Registered Early Childhood you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the physical, emotional and intellectual well-being of the children in your care. You will share in the coordinating and implementing of a play based learning program, communicate with parents and other staff in a cooperative manner, and function as a member of the daycare team.
• Member of the College of ECE's of Ontario in good standing
• Minimum of 2 years experience
• Ability to recognize and document observations
• Clear vulnerable sector check not less than 6 months old upon hiring
• Knowledge of Judaic culture considered an asset
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ensuring a high quality and developmentally appropriate environment
• Participating in ongoing reflective practice both individually and as part of a team
• Modeling appropriate behavior (and social interactions) using appropriate language and voice tone.
• Setting up daily routines to take advantage of embedded learning opportunities
• Assist children with problem solving without interfering in the child's already developing ability to solve problems
• Deliver a fully inclusive program that embraces all aspects of human diversity
• Work as part of a team
Contract length: 10 months
Expected start date: 2021-08-30
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 0-2 years of experience.