Tamir is a proud and caring team of participants, families, volunteers and professionals dedicated to assisting people with developmental disabilities realize their potential in a supportive Jewish environment through opportunities for personal growth and community involvement.
This position is being offered through a grant provided by the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
POSITION SUMMARY: Recreation Assistant
The Recreation Assistant provides support with program planning and implementation to the agency, including the following core duties:
• Assist in the planning, organization and implementation of special event programming in collaboration with program supervisors and other staff
• Maintain effective communication and good human relations with participants
• Participates in team meetings to plan programs with Tamir participant’s interest in mind
• Assist with evaluation of individual/group activities
• Prepare and carry out daily activities
• Support Judaic coordinator in establishing 2021-2022 Judaic activities calendar
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not an inclusive listing of all activities, but is designed to be used in combination with agency and program goals and work plans. Staff may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Staff may be required to perform any or all of the following duties in the course of their work
1. A risk of exposure to communicable/contagious diseases
2. Extended periods of sitting and computer work
3. Frequent interruptions
4. The ability to travel to different program locations to participate in activities
The Recreation Assistant is directly accountable to the Day Service Supervisor regarding their overall responsibilities as assigned. The Recreation Assistant is responsible for providing regular weekly updates on the status of their assigned duties.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require specific accommodations please contact Tamir at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 613-725-3519, ext. 112 so that we can make arrangements to provide appropriate accommodations for you.
Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience.