Our mission: For 60 years, Ottawa Modern Jewish School (OMJS) established itself in Ottawa as the non-affiliated, supplemental school offering quality Jewish education for Kindergarten to Grade 7.
As a non-affiliated supplemental school, OMJS attracts a variety of families from the Ottawa Jewish community, including non-religious/affiliated and mixed religious families.
Teacher Job Description:
• Create a positive, supportive and safe atmosphere in the classroom
• Serve as a positive role model for students in the classroom, and at events during and outside of school hours
• Design and facilitate lessons and activities that are in line with the curriculum
• Stay current on Shalom Learning Curriculum and new online modules for distance learning.
• In coordination with the EA, TA or Volunteer; welcome students at the beginning of the day, have them settled and ready to learn
• In coordination with the EA, TA, or volunteer; greet parents at the end of the day and ensure that the students are properly signed out
• Provide parents with weekly emails about the class’s progress
• Prepare lessons/activities during the week for the school day (Curriculum Provided)
• Attend school/teacher trainings/ professional development sessions and be up to date with teaching practices
• Attend required staff meetings
• Have experience working children in the classroom setting
• Knowledge, experience or willingness to learn about working with student with various learning styles
• Teacher certification is an asset
• First Aid and CPR C certification is an asset
• Be enthusiastic, energetic, and patient
• Have an open and inclusive attitude that reflects our school’s mission
• Knowledge of Jewish culture
• Knowledge of Hebrew – Hebrew teachers only
School runs Sundays from 9:30am - 12:30pm at the JCC
Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience.