Working under the supervision of the Director and Associate Director, the Operations Manager is
an integral part of the Leadership Team and shares responsibility for planning, implementing, and
overseeing all aspects of the organization’s logistics, and will lead and manage all camp operations
(seasonal and off-season). This is a full-time position: working from home during the off-season and
living at camp during the summer season is required. (The 2024 season runs Sunday, June 30 -
Friday, Aug 16. Attendance during pre-camp is also required, dates TBD).
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Using CampMinder (CRM): provide registration support, manage payment processing,
prepare various reports and lists, etc.
• Logistics and coordination for staff and camper recruitment events, community events,
partner activities, etc.
• Assist with planning of camp summertime trips
• Order programming supplies prior to camp
• Plan, implement and assist with leadership weekend, and supervisor/staff orientation
• Manage camp’s online store
• Basic web site editing
• Manage social media calendar
• Using CampMinder (CRM): manage extensions, prepare various reports and lists, etc.
• Coordinate buses/trucks for: luggage, camper pick-up/drop-off, staff days off, etc.
• Coordinate day off schedule and create weekly On Duty schedules
• Liaise with International staff and support with travel plans and accommodations
• Purchase and monitor canteen inventory
• Manage laundry service/schedule
• Tripping Team support: coordinating transportation, camping supplies, food, etc.
• Manage Visiting Day logistics
• Work with vendors to ensure orders are made, invoices are accurate and payments are
made on time
• Camp Safety and Emergency Procedures (in conjunction with the Head of Waterfront)
• This job may include work in other areas of the organization assigned by the Director,
Associate Director, Assistant Directors, or Program Director. While there will be an attempt
to give advance notice, as is commonplace in a fast-paced, camp setting, there may be times
where certain tasks will be last minute.
REQUIREMENTS & CERTIFICATIONS:
• University degree in a related field.
• 2-4 years experience in a camp, school, or similar setting preferred.
• An ability to think critically and act swiftly in high-stress situations.
• Extremely organized and excellent time management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfort in communication with
children and young adults.
• The inclination to be a caring, empathetic, patient, hardworking, and diligent professional
who takes initiative and is creative, enthusiastic, open-minded, and high-energy.
• Strong ability to train, manage and evaluate staff.
• Ability to identify and respond to hazards in camp, such as emergency plan implementation
(fire evacuation, illness, injury).