TAMIR provides essential supports to persons with developmental disabilities. We are currently recruiting for the following positions.
Integration Aid - Summer Contract July-August
All work is conducted in a manner consistent with Tamir’s vision, mission and value statements. Tamir supports a person centred approach to services, which focuses on dignity, respect, care and inclusion in a supportive Jewish environment.
If you are interested in joining our team at this critical time, we would appreciate hearing from you now.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Providing skill training, recreation and leisure support to children at summer camp or in their home
· Promote and maintain the mental and physical health and wellbeing of individuals supported while ensuring a safe and healthy environment
· Provide assistance with personal care including nutrition, hygiene, grooming
· Data Collection
· Be familiar with and adhere to Tamir policies and procedures, as well as Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services operational guidelines and relevant legislation
· Maintain appropriate communication and documentation, according to Tamir policies and procedures
· Contribute to a positive work environment by utilizing effective communication skills, conducting job functions with initiative, enthusiasm and sound judgement, and contributing to the team in an organized and productive manner
Staff may be required to perform any or all of the following duties in the course of their work:
1. Work with children requiring support to manage emotional, psychological and physical behavioural challenges
2. A risk of exposure to communicable/contagious diseases
3. Ability to multi task in a face paced working environment
4. May be required to work alone and in a team environment
Education and Experience
· Developmental Service Worker Diploma preferred
· Proven experience implementing recreation and leisure programs
· Six months of experience working with persons with developmental disabilities OR experience working in a camp with children
· High school education, with 1 years of relevant experience working with persons with developmental disabilities
· Current CPR and First Aid Training
· Clear Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector or ability to apply for one
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require specific accommodations please contact Tamir.
Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience.