Tamir is a proud and caring team of participants, families, volunteers and professionals dedicated to assisting people with developmental disabilities realize their potential in a supportive Jewish environment through opportunities for personal growth and community involvement.
This position is being offered through a grant provided by the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
POSITION SUMMARY: HR Assistant
The HR Assistant provides administrative support to the HR Department, including the following core duties:
• Aids in administering the organization’s recruiting processes; posting positions internally and externally, completes pre-interview checklist with candidates, sets up interviews, creates intake documents and HR files for new employees
• Maintains, in conjunction with the HR Administrator, Tamir’s HR information system
• Updates training certification charts
• Researches new policy requirements based on changing HR legislation
• Filing and organization within the HR department
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not an inclusive listing of all activities, but is designed to be used in combination with agency and program goals and work plans. Staff may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Staff may be required to perform any or all of the following duties in the course of their work
1. A risk of exposure to communicable/contagious diseases
2. Extended periods of sitting and computer work
3. Frequent interruptions
4. Tasks that require long periods of concentration
The Human Resource Assistant is directly accountable to the Human Resources Manager regarding their overall HR administrative responsibilities as assigned. The Human Resources Assistant is also responsible for providing regular weekly updates on the status of their assigned duties.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require specific accommodations please contact Tamir at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 613-725-3519, ext. 112 so that we can make arrangements to provide appropriate accommodations for you.
Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience.