Hillel Ottawa is hiring! Seeking a creative and engaging young professional with strong interpersonal, programming, and communications skills to serve as the Student Life Coordinator for students on Ottawa’s university campuses. The successful candidate will have a strong Jewish background, be a self-starter who can engage students to assist in driving Hillel Ottawa’s mission forward. The Student Life Coordinator reports to Hillel Ottawa’s Director.
Requirements to work at Hillel Ottawa:
• Exceptional leadership, communication and networking skills.
• A passion for strengthening and growing Jewish community through programs, events, and religious observances on campus.
• A pluralistic approach to religious expression.
• At least one year of relevant work/volunteer experience.
• A cellphone, valid driver’s license, and a reliable vehicle.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Student Life Coordinator:
Outreach and engagement
• Work collaboratively with student leadership to plan programs and events.
• Cultivate meaningful relationships with Jewish students by meeting them face-to-face, where they live, work or study, utilizing creative methods to reach and interest them.
• Assist in the development of an array of formal and informal opportunities for Jewish students.
• Help to develop creative means of communication with students for the purposes of
recruitment, marketing, and new engagement opportunities.
• Engage students through social media platforms including Facebook, and Instagram. Administration and Development
• Assist in maintaining records of events, attendance and program evaluation.
• Assist in maintaining Hillel Ottawa physical resources, including equipment and facilities.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
• Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
• Practically unlimited paid coffee dates with students!
• Flexible work hours.
• Free membership to Ottawa’s Jewish community center including gym membership.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2021.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Sasha Kathron, Hillel Ottawa Director at Sasha@hillelottawa.ca
. For additional information please contact Sasha Kathron, Hillel Ottawa Director.