Seeking a part-time Event Specialist to manage the Jewish Federation of Ottawa’s annual charitable Golf Tournament. Taking place on July 11th, 2022, the annual Jewish Federation Golf Tournament requires an experienced professional to manage onsite support, logistics, and the overall planning of the community event. The Event Specialist is additionally responsible for sponsorship support and working with the communications department, the development of key marketing materials, inclusive of sponsorship collateral and marketing.
The Jewish Federation of Ottawa is the coordinating body of the Jewish community. Through our collaborative community planning process and our Annual Campaign, the Federation raises and allocates funds to provide life-saving, life-changing and life-enhancing experiences for people in Ottawa and around the globe. The Federation works to translate Jewish values into social action through four pillars: building, educating, helping and supporting.
Event Overview and Scope
For over 25 years, the Jewish Federation Golf Tournament has brought together the Ottawa and Jewish Community in support of thousands of Jewish individuals in the Ottawa area and globally. Hosted at the prestigious Rideauview Golf Club. The annual event is renowned as an opportunity to network and create lasting relationships within the Ottawa community, while supporting a great cause.
The all-day tournament includes a lunch, a round of golf, followed by a 5:30pm cocktail and then dinner. The day also includes other event stations for those less inclined to golf.
The Jewish Federation is seeking an experienced Event Specialist who is a self-starter and is passionate about supporting the Ottawa Jewish community. The ideal candidate demonstrates leadership skills and is able to communicate effectively to both staff and volunteers.
The Jewish Federation is seeking an innovative individual to improve upon previous years’ events, while ensuring the integrity and quality of programming is upheld.
The Professional shall provide the following services:
- Sourcing and purchasing of all sponsorship swag, as well as coordination with sponsors where required
- Manage sponsorship fulfillment and other sponsorship support as required
- Coordination between the organization and the venue, caterer, and other vendors as needed
- Logistical support and direction for all elements of event day outside of the catering
- Set up of golf components and swag on event day and the days preceding
- Manage the tear down and wrap up after the event
- Coordinate with Federation staff around event needs including signage and day of responsibilities
- Be up to date on COVID protocols and help be responsible for implementing them
- Other duties as assigned
The Professional shall provide the following deliverables:
- Draft a detailed event plan based off past plans and input from Federation staff and event chairs, due April 15th
- A successful tournament
- Post event follow-up with sponsors and players
- An event binder including lessons learned, due July 18th
3+ years of experience in event planning, with prior experience in golf tournaments considered an asset. Access to a vehicle with a valid driver’s license. A home work station and knowledge to work collaboratively in Google drive. The ability to lift and carry items up to 40lbs.
We are looking for a fixed cost proposal rather than hourly pricing.
Proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis with a decision made by February 18th at the latest. For questions or to submit a proposal please email Micah Garten at email@example.com
Qualifications: 3-5 years of experience.