As a member of the management team of Jewish Family Services (JFS), in particular; The Counselling Group (TCG), The Clinical Manager – Centre for Couples and Relationships duties include all aspects of unit services within TCG. Included are counselling services, staffing, quality control of service delivery, innovative program development, team building / collaboration, training, and enhanced support services. This role is responsible for establishing the Centre for Couples and Relationships as a leading Centre in the region by promoting service excellence, creating and fostering a positive working environment, continuous improvement, community relations/collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned, or changes to responsibilities may be applied, based on operational requirements as determined by the Director of Counselling and Mental Health.
This position is flexible either 4 or 5 days a week and is based at JFS home office on Carling Avenue, Ottawa. The position reports to the Director of Counselling and Mental Health at JFS. The manger is expected to split their time to work both from the office and virtually.
• 15 days vacation in first year prorated to your start date and FTE
• 10 days Personal Time Off prorated to your start date and FTE after 3 months of employment
• Various Jewish Holy days off
• Health and Dental Benefits plan
• Hybrid work environment
• Employer RRSP after one year of employment
• Use of gym facilities
• Flexible employer
• Master’s Degree/PhD in Social Work or equivalent degree with a minimum of five (5) years of counselling and two (2) years of clinical supervisory experience
• Registered or eligible for registration with respective Professional Colleges and Associations
• Maintains or is eligible to maintain professional liability insurance through their association
• Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check is mandatory
• Training in relevant clinical modalities such as Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) the Gottman method, and attachment theory.
• Ability to work well within a team setting
• Ability to provide leadership and vision to the units supervised
• Knowledge of community resources, working cross-culturally, and an understanding of ethnic-specific service delivery
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures adherence and accountability to program mandates, agency policies and accreditation standards such as record keeping, client service, privacy and confidentiality etc.
• Coordinates and leads team meetings.
• Provide regular individual and group clinical supervision/consultation to a select number of clinicians from various professional colleges and ensure that clinicians receive appropriate staff development and support.
• Carries a counselling caseload (up to 14 hours a week, based on discussions with direct supervisor).
• Provides leadership and team building for staff.
• Understands and follows regulations set by federal, provincial and regulatory agencies.
• Monitors and refines existing programs to reflect client/community need. This includes an understanding of both cultural / ethnic nuances as well as funder requirements.
• Oversee staff coverage.
• Oversees adherence to customer service skills,
• Provide administrative support, supervision, and consultation to support and broaden staff skill levels
• Provide crisis support to clinicians and clients as needed
• Supports senior management to deliver funding reports and develop funding proposals as opportunity arises.
• Ensures the keeping of accurate statistics and provide them as needed.
• Ensures compliance with the highest standards of service delivery.
• Plans programming to meet future needs.
• Participates in hiring, orientation, supervision and evaluation.
• Represents JFS in the broader Community as directed by senior management.
• Takes on other related duties as requested by the Director of Counselling and Mental Health.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.