The Jewish Federation of Ottawa is the central hub of local Jewish communal life serving a diverse population of over 15,000 people. Our mission is to ensure the local Jewish community is thriving, welcoming, inclusive and engaged. We accomplish this by providing opportunities to engage for all ages, ensuring the care and protection of our most vulnerable populations, and sustaining our Jewish future through an annual fundraising campaign.
The Campaign Engagement Specialist is responsible for stewarding the next generation of Ottawa’s Jewish community, from engagement to donor support. This includes finding and meeting those unaffiliated with the Jewish community, event planning, assisting in the solicitation of gifts, and contributing to Federation’s strategic outcomes.
They will play a hands-on role in designing, planning, and hosting events, developing one-on-one relationships, and spearheading targeted fundraising programs.
What you bring to the job:
• A desire to meet new people, work with others, and the drive to engage young adults in Jewish life in exciting ways.
• Strong relationship building skills. An outgoing personality with a friendly and warm disposition, and a natural understanding of customer service, are a must!
• The ability to network – to connect and introduce people to each other and foster connections between them. This includes working with community partners in order to be responsive to the needs of the next generation of community members.
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills, including on social media, to connect to new people and to promote events.
• Proven ability to take initiative, and work well with colleagues, lay leaders and volunteers.
• A passion for Jewish life!
What you’ll get out of it:
• Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace (more details below).
• Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
• Practically unlimited paid coffee dates with other young adults!
• Flexible work hours.
Key Job Components
• Outreach & Engagement – Develop personal relationships through one-on-one interactions, and other shared experiences with the next generation of Jewish community members (under the age of 40).
• Fundraising - Actively fundraise for the Annual Campaign, and lead the Emerging Gen division of Federation’s Annual Campaign through relationship building, some personal solicitation and coordinating volunteers. Training will be provided.
• Event Coordination – Manage volunteers and lead the planning, logistics and execution of events that create meaningful points of contact, and foster active, year-round opportunities for young adults.
Other Key Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree, relevant certification and/or training, with minimum 2+ years of related work experience.
• Energized by a fast-paced schedule that includes various projects at once.
• Highly organized with attention to detail, and strong planning and logistical skills.
• Knowledge of Israel, Jewish values and traditions.
• Knowledge of Ottawa’s Jewish community is an asset.
Hours: Full-Time at 35 hours per week. Must be available to work and attend occasional meetings and events on evenings and weekends, as required.
Compensation & Benefits: Salary range: $47,000 - $57,000 based on experience. Hybrid work environment (3 days in office minimum). Medical and drug benefits package, a free SJCC membership, defined contributions to pension after one-year’s service. Free parking on site.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Sarah Beutel, Vice President of Community Building at email@example.com by Nov. 26, 2022.
Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We are committed to the values and principles of employment equity. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please inform us of accommodations (i.e., technical aid, accessibility requirements, etc.) required at any stage of the assessment process, so that we can take the appropriate measures to facilitate your full participation.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.