Temple Israel Ottawa is planning an exciting new project to expand and renovate the building that serves as its home. A capital fundraising campaign will raise $4.3M beginning in October. Having raised $2.7M to date, a part-time administrator is needed to support the campaign fundraising.
The position is offered part-time from Oct 2022 until March 2023 to provide support for the campaign. The estimated work time will be 10 hours per week for a pro-rated salary of $55,000 per year based on $25/hr.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working closely with the Chair of the Building Steering Committee and other lay leaders, campaign volunteers, Temple staff and external consultants, you will primarily provide administrative leadership and support for the capital campaign, but also provide administrative support for the building project.
The specific duties and responsibilities of the position follow below.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Track, record, and report campaign donations and pledges for the duration of the campaign using ShulCloud.
2. Create and manage donor recognition and stewardship systems using ShulCloud and other Temple software to support the implementation of campaign,
3. Liaise with designers on the design and production of campaign fundraising materials.
4. Provide administrative support to the Marketing and Communications Committee in the execution of the Campaign Communications Plan.
5. Track and input campaign donor communications and activities on ShulCloud.
6. Provide administrative support to volunteer canvassers as they make campaign asks.
7. Work in collaboration and provide administrative support to the campaign voluntary leadership and liaise with the campaign consultant.
8. Track, and report campaign budget activities, reconcile with bookkeeper records.
9. Manage campaign files for retrieval, prepare minutes from the Building Steering Committee meetings.
10. Other related duties.
Competencies and Personal Suitability
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Power Point and Excel.
• General web and computer skills.
• Information storage and management skills (e.g. filing, retrieval, document naming, etc).
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Efficient and productive.
• Ability to learn and adapt.
• Ability to get along with people and be a team player.
• Good judgement, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Experience working with on capital campaign, using Client Relationship Management systems and fundraising databases, ShulCloud knowledge would be a big advantage, creating and managing complex Excel spreadsheet.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
• Ability to write and speak persuasively.
• Financial knowledge and experience.
To apply for the position, please send your CV with a covering letter to Heather Cohen, Executive Director, Temple Israel, 1301 Prince of Wales Dr, Ottawa ON, K2C 1N2
(613) 224-1802 email@example.com
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613 858-5731
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.