1. Can we re-apply for this grant?
This grant funds one-time-only projects. If your proposal was not accepted the first time you applied, you may resubmit a revised application at the next round. For help completing your application or to understand if your project qualifies, please contact Sarah Beutel at email@example.com.
2. What is the maximum amount we can apply for?
The maximum amount for a proposed project/program is $10,000.
3. Do you fund pilot projects?
Yes. This fund aims to support innovation and creative solutions through one-time funding.
4. We want to offer a class at our synagogue, can we apply?
Ongoing educational programs and classes do not qualify for this grant. However, one-time learning experiences and conferences that build capacity are considered.
5. We applied for $5000 but were granted less. Why?
The grant evaluation team reviews the merit of each proposal and prioritizes funding in the community. The committee may grant less than the requested amount.
6. Should we ask for more funding than we need?
No. Funds for this grants are paid out as valid project receipts are presented. The funds cannot be carried forward and the grant expires after 8 months of being awarded.
7. Who decides on this grant?
A team of lay leader volunteers and professionals assess each proposal using defined evaluation criteria and discussion. The team’s recommendations go to the donor for final approval.
8. What projects are not eligible?
Regular maintenance, upkeep and facilities upgrades, capital projects, and fundraising events are not eligible for this grant.